- Cooking Time: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 oz. caramel and chocolate chip swirls
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Take them out of the oven before they look completely done and before they get brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
NotesRecipe adapted from Domestic Diva
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More