- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat or spelt flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup margarine (not light), softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond or maple extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in extracts and water.
- Separately, whisk together flours, baking powder and cornstarch.
- Slowly blend flour into the creamed mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough fairly thin (about 1/8") on a floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place 1" apart on cookie sheets (tip: flip sided sheets upside down for more even browning).
- Bake 10 minutes, and cool completely on sheets.
NotesSlightly crispy, deliciously caramel-flavoured and extraordinarily beautiful cut-out sugar cookies, made in a small batch for that special someone, are a hit in any goody basket! Frost with royal icing if you'd like, these are not too sweet alone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More