- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat or spelt flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup margarine (not light), softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond or maple extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in extracts and water.
- Separately, whisk together flours, baking powder and cornstarch.
- Slowly blend flour into the creamed mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough fairly thin (about 1/8") on a floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place 1" apart on cookie sheets (tip: flip sided sheets upside down for more even browning).
- Bake 10 minutes, and cool completely on sheets.
NotesSlightly crispy, deliciously caramel-flavoured and extraordinarily beautiful cut-out sugar cookies, made in a small batch for that special someone, are a hit in any goody basket! Frost with royal icing if you'd like, these are not too sweet alone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More