- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar - Divided
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 baked (10-inch) Tart Shell - I use 1/2 batch of Pate Brisee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast pecans in a shallow baking pan in middle of oven for 5 minutes.
- Leave oven on.
- In a 2-quart saucepan melt 1/2 cup sugar over low heat until it begins to melt.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally with a fork, to assure even melting, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt pan and add corn syrup; please do this carefully as it will bubble and steam - The caramel will harden but don't worry, it melts again.
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until caramel is dissolved.
- Remove caramel from flame and add butter, stirring until melted.
- Let caramel sit to cool until it stops bubbling.
- In a heat proof bowl, whisk eggs with salt, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add caramel in a stream, whisking constantly.
- Spread pecans and cranberries evenly in tart shell and pour caramel over them, tapping pecans and cranberries down to coat thoroughly.
- Bake tart until filling is set, 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack before removing rim of pan.
NotesI usually flip flop for Thanksgiving... 1 year in Southern California with friends and the next year back in Portland with my family. This has become a Thanksgiving tradition in both Portland and Southern Cali.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More