- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar - Divided
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 baked (10-inch) Tart Shell - I use 1/2 batch of Pate Brisee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast pecans in a shallow baking pan in middle of oven for 5 minutes.
- Leave oven on.
- In a 2-quart saucepan melt 1/2 cup sugar over low heat until it begins to melt.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally with a fork, to assure even melting, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt pan and add corn syrup; please do this carefully as it will bubble and steam - The caramel will harden but don't worry, it melts again.
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until caramel is dissolved.
- Remove caramel from flame and add butter, stirring until melted.
- Let caramel sit to cool until it stops bubbling.
- In a heat proof bowl, whisk eggs with salt, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add caramel in a stream, whisking constantly.
- Spread pecans and cranberries evenly in tart shell and pour caramel over them, tapping pecans and cranberries down to coat thoroughly.
- Bake tart until filling is set, 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack before removing rim of pan.
NotesI usually flip flop for Thanksgiving... 1 year in Southern California with friends and the next year back in Portland with my family. This has become a Thanksgiving tradition in both Portland and Southern Cali.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More