- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- 2. Beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- 3. Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- 4. After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- 5. Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- 6. After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan. Stir until melted and sticky.
- 7. Add water and stir.
- 8. Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.
- ** photo by boomette1 @ flickr.
NotesRECIPE BY: Charmie777, recipezaar.com
** photo by boomette1 @ flickr.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More