- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onions over low heat until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the onions cool slightly.
- Place a sieve over the bread machine pan, then tip the contents of the frying pan into it so the juices fall into the pan.
- Set the onions aside to cool completely.
- Add the water and honey to the bread pan. Reverse the order in which you add the wet and dry ingredients if necessary for your machine.
- Add the flour.
- Place the salt and pepper in separate corners.
- Make a shallow indent in the center of the flour and add the yeast.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting using the basic raisin dough setting if available.
- Press start.
- Add the onions when the machine beeps OR in the last 5 minutes of kneading.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- When the cycle has finished, remove the dough from the bread pan and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Pull back gently on the dough; shape into a ball.
- Place on the baking sheet and cover with oiled waxed paper.
- Let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slash a 1/2 inch deep cross in the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MetroCooking DC 2013
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More