- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 6 cups (1-inch) cubed sourdough bread (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes. Reduce heat; cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in bacon.
- Arrange 3 cups bread in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of onion mixture. Repeat layer with remaining bread and onion mixture.
- Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture, and top with the cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Let the casserole stand 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking. Uncover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More