- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups real butter
- 2lb. pkg. dark brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 2 15oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to firm ball stage, 245 degrees F., approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into large, heavily buttered cookie sheet. Cool and cut into squares.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Note: If cutting recipe in half, use a well butter 9x13 pan.
- This is great to make when making Christmas candy.
- (from Cinnamomma TOH BB)
NotesThis recipe makes a big batch. Make sure you use a large pan. It can be cut in half . It is good to eat on ice cream, making caramel apples, turtles or just eating plain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More