CARAWAY RICE SPECIAL
Caraway Rice Special
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups long grain rice, or colored rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
In a large kettle, saute celery and onion in oil until crisp-tender (about 2 minutes).
Stir in rice, water, bouillon, caraway seed, salt, and Mrs. Dash.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice and fluff with fork.