- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups apples, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix sugar with apples and let macerate. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, add butter pieces, mix until just coated with flour.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add apple mixture. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients in 3 parts.
- 3. Pour into cupcake pans and bake 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. Cut a funnel-shaped divot in each cupcake and place a tablespoon of apple butter inside. Replace the divot.
- 5. Frost cupcakes with Cardamom Buttercream.
NotesI was one of the winners of our town's apple baking contest with this recipe. Use with the Cardamom Buttercream recipe, or your own favorite frosting.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More