- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom (Divided)
- 3/4 tsp Bakers Ammonia (Ammonium (bi)Carbonate or Salt of Hartshorn)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, Blanched and finely ground
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar Plus More for Dusting
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Line a baking sheet (or 2) with Parchment
- Combine salt, 2 tsp of the cardamom, bakers ammonia and flour in a bowl.
- Cream Butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed.
- Stir in ground hazelnuts. (This makes a really stiff dough)
- Combine powdered sugar and remaining cardamom.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Coat with powdered sugar mixture.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet ans smash cookies with the bottom of a small glass, dipped in the powdered sugar mixture to 1/2" thick.
- Cookies should be 3/4 - 1 inch apart after smashing.
- Bake about 13 minutes or until the edges JUST start to brown.
- Move from baking sheet to a cooling rack and sprinkle with more powdered sugar while warm.
- Put in airtight container for a couple of days to improve flavor.
- You can freeze these for at least a couple of months.
NotesDelish Scandinavian cookies with the very underutilized spice... Cardamom...
Please note, the Bakers Ammonia is not necessary for leavening, it simply makes the cookies slightly crisper.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More