- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
Backstory3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 egg whites
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Whisk sugar and egg whites in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is frothy.
- Using a mixer, whisk the egg-white mixture on high speed until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add vanilla to cardamom and let the spice absorb the liquid.
- Reduce speed to medium and add butter slowly.
- Add vanilla and cardamom, beat for 1 minute to combine.