- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg whites (2 oz), at room temperature
- 3.5 oz confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 oz almond flour, sifted
- 1 oz fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tsp Wattle seeds (optional)
- A few drops of yellow and red coloring
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Sift the almond flour and confectioner’s sugar. Add the sifted cardamom powder and Wattle seeds, if using. Keep.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer. Start to mix on medium speed with 1/2 Tbsp fine sugar and the cream of tartar. Once slightly foamy, increase the speed. After a few mns, when they are almost firm, add the rest of the sugar, and a few drops of coloring. The egg whites should form nice firm peaks. Keep.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg whites in two or three times, making sure you fold them in carefully (Make circular movements using a rubber spatula). Once the preparation homogeneous, it is ready. Do not overwork the meringue batter.
- On one (or more) baking sheets, place a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. With a decoration bag, pipe small amounts of batter 1 inch in diameter, 1 inch apart. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 320 F.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for about 12 to 13 mns, according to the macaron size (if you make bigger ones, increase the cooking time). After 7 to 8 mns, crack the oven door open (keep it open inserting a wooden spoon for example) and reduce the heat to 290 F.
- Take the macarons out of the oven (check whether they are cooked by touching them lightly) and pour a thin stream of water under the Silpat to create some steam. The macarons will be easier to remove. Wait a little before removing them from the Silpat (use a flexible spatula if they stick). Let them cool down on racks before assembling.
- Once the filling cold — but not at fridge temperature — pipe some on one macaron half and stick the other half on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More