- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz unsalted pistachios
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- course sugar for sprinkling
- extra pistachios for the centers
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the pistachio nuts and sugar in your food processor and pulse until the pistachios are finely ground.
- In your mixer, with your whisk attachment, cream the butter and half of the sugar mix.
- Scrape down the bowl when needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix to combine.
- Then add the rest of the sugar mix until it is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, potato starch, salt and cardamom. Switch to your paddle attachment.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till it forms a ball.
- Divide this in half.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto your bench and roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with your cookie cutter.
- Place a pistachio in the center and sprinkle with sugar.
- The original recipe did not call for the dough to be chilled, so I didn’t.
- And I found the dough to be easily workable.
- I did, however, use an offset spatula to help lift the cookie off the bench and onto my prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. until they just barely brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More