- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz unsalted pistachios
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- course sugar for sprinkling
- extra pistachios for the centers
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the pistachio nuts and sugar in your food processor and pulse until the pistachios are finely ground.
- In your mixer, with your whisk attachment, cream the butter and half of the sugar mix.
- Scrape down the bowl when needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix to combine.
- Then add the rest of the sugar mix until it is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, potato starch, salt and cardamom. Switch to your paddle attachment.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till it forms a ball.
- Divide this in half.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto your bench and roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with your cookie cutter.
- Place a pistachio in the center and sprinkle with sugar.
- The original recipe did not call for the dough to be chilled, so I didn’t.
- And I found the dough to be easily workable.
- I did, however, use an offset spatula to help lift the cookie off the bench and onto my prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. until they just barely brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More