- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb Chicken wings 1 kg
- 2/3 cup Tomato Ketchup 150 mL
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice 30 mL
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp Ground allspice 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp Hot red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C. Remove and discard wing tips and separate each wing at the joint, if necessary. Spread wings out on a broiler rack pan and bake for 30 minutes, turning once, until beginning to crisp. Reserve.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Combine ketchup, lime juice, brown sugar, allspice, red pepper flakes and garlic. Divide in half. Brush one half evenly over the wings.
- Broil wings for two minutes, turn and brush with remaining sauce. Broil for another two minutes. Makes four servings.
- Spicy. For a spicy twist, replace regular ketchup with Heinz Ketchup Kickers, Hot & Spicy.
- Citrus. For a citrus variation, substitute fresh lemon or orange juice for the lime juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More