CARIBBEAN BAKED CHICKEN WITH MANGO
- Servings: 4
- 1 -2 jalapeño chile peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 med onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 slice (¼" thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning*
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
Coat 13" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In food processor, combine peppers, onion, garlic, ginger, oil, vinegar, jerk seasoning, allspice, and salt.
Process until very finely chopped, stopping machine a few times to scrape down inside of container.
3. Spread jalapeño mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.
Place into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°F and juices run clear.
5. Place chicken onto 4 plates, and scatter mango on top.
Sprinkle with cilantro.
Per Serving: 186 cal, 28 g pro, 6 g carb, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 68 mg chol, 1 g fiber, 264 mg sodium