CARIBBEAN BEAN STEW
- 2medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot pepper sauce
Combine sweet potatoes, beans, broth, onion, jerk seasoning, thyme, salt and cinnamon in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Adjust seasonings and serve with almonds and hot pepper sauce, if desired
No Reviews at this time.