- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1. Combine pineapple juice concentrate, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, molasses and ground red pepper in a shallow glass dish or resealable plastic bag until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken; cover dish or close bag. Marinate in refrigerator up to 6 hours, turning once.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade; pour marinade into a saucepan. Cook marinade at a low boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup and has a syrupy consistency, stirring often.
- 3. Spray hot grill grid with nonstick cooking spray. Grill chicken, covered, over medium coals, 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turning once or twice. Baste with glaze 3 or 4 times during cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
NotesA taste of the tropics? Perhaps. Certainly a mouthwatering dish anywhere, anytime. This is fantastic served with grilled pineapple (with vanilla yogurt for dipping). *Useful Tip: Try this yummy marinade on pork and seafood as well!
Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More