- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1. Combine pineapple juice concentrate, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, molasses and ground red pepper in a shallow glass dish or resealable plastic bag until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken; cover dish or close bag. Marinate in refrigerator up to 6 hours, turning once.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade; pour marinade into a saucepan. Cook marinade at a low boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup and has a syrupy consistency, stirring often.
- 3. Spray hot grill grid with nonstick cooking spray. Grill chicken, covered, over medium coals, 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turning once or twice. Baste with glaze 3 or 4 times during cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
NotesA taste of the tropics? Perhaps. Certainly a mouthwatering dish anywhere, anytime. This is fantastic served with grilled pineapple (with vanilla yogurt for dipping). *Useful Tip: Try this yummy marinade on pork and seafood as well!
Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More