- Cooking Time: 10-20 Min aproximately
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my mother"s favorites.
It makes me feel like at home!
It goes well with vegetable medley such as baby carrots, yellow zuchini and green zuchini and *potatoes, all veggies cut same sixe. Saute veggies in garlic butter and pepper. Salt to taste.
*Potatoes should be cut roughly as the same zise as the other vegetables, thay also may have to be cooked just until firm before adding them to the veggies.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 6 lean pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Combine water, lemon juice, onion, brown sugar, green onions, oil, salt, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- Place pork chops in shallow glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over the meat.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 12 hours, but no longer than 24 hours
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Place grate 4 to 5 inches above heat source.
- Oil the grill grate. Arrange chops on grate, and discard marinade. Cover grill, and cook chops for 10 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.