- Cooking Time: 10-20 Min aproximately
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 6 lean pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Combine water, lemon juice, onion, brown sugar, green onions, oil, salt, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- Place pork chops in shallow glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over the meat.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 12 hours, but no longer than 24 hours
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Place grate 4 to 5 inches above heat source.
- Oil the grill grate. Arrange chops on grate, and discard marinade. Cover grill, and cook chops for 10 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.
NotesThis is one of my mother"s favorites.
It makes me feel like at home!
It goes well with vegetable medley such as baby carrots, yellow zuchini and green zuchini and *potatoes, all veggies cut same sixe. Saute veggies in garlic butter and pepper. Salt to taste.
*Potatoes should be cut roughly as the same zise as the other vegetables, thay also may have to be cooked just until firm before adding them to the veggies.