- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and patted dry
- 1 pound frozen, large shrimp, thawed, peeled and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup canned, diced mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Preparation Time: Approximately 5 minutes
- Cook Time: Approximately 8 minutes
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and heat until smoking, about 10 seconds. Add the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple and stir fry gently until pineapple browns lightly, about 1 minute. Move pineapple to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, about 1 minute. Add garlic and red pepper, if desired, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, and reserved pineapple and stir-fry until heated through, about
- 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and serve over rice, if desired.
- Tip: We’ve kept the spiciness light (the canned chilies are mild) and the pinch of crushed pepper flakes is optional. If you want to add a little more heat, increase the pepper. Or for a completely family friendly version, eliminate the red pepper flakes, and your stir-fry will be as mild as a tropical breeze.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 3g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 330mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 2g; Protein 16g; Vitamin A 6%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesStir-fries are speedy, but this one-skillet meal is even faster because all of the vegetables come right out of your pantry. There’s no chopping, no peeling, and very little cooking. But the ease and convenience don’t mean you’re sacrificing flavor. The combination of shrimp, canned tomatoes, peppers, and pineapple is sweet, tart, and dynamic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More