- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 2 large springs each of the following fresh herbs: thyme, rosemary, sage, italian parsley
- 2 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
- 2 carrots cut into large pieces
- 3 baby potatoes quartered
- 40 cloves of unpeeled garlic (about 3 heads)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Remove bag with chicken innards and discard
- Place 1 sprig each of the fresh herbs and 4 cloves of the unpeeled garlic inside chicken cavity. Use a piece of potato to seal the cavity
- Cover bottom of crockpot with celery and carrots. Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Add unpeeled garlic and potato chunks around chicken.
- Chop the remaining herb sprigs. Liberally sprinkle chopped herbs, salt and pepper over chicken. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID (trust me...once the chicken and veggies cook they produce plenty of juice on their own...trust me, no extra liquid is necessary).
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Using two large spoons or other kitchen utensils, carefully remove chicken from crockpot and place on ceramic or glass pie or baking dish. Arange potatoes, carrots and garlic around chicken.
NotesThis chicken turns out very tender and almost falls off the bones. This one is deffinitely a husband pleaser.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
It's all about that proteinSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More