CARISSA'S 40 CLOVE GARLIC CHICKEN
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 2 large springs each of the following fresh herbs: thyme, rosemary, sage, italian parsley
- 2 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
- 2 carrots cut into large pieces
- 3 baby potatoes quartered
- 40 cloves of unpeeled garlic (about 3 heads)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Remove bag with chicken innards and discard
Place 1 sprig each of the fresh herbs and 4 cloves of the unpeeled garlic inside chicken cavity. Use a piece of potato to seal the cavity
Cover bottom of crockpot with celery and carrots. Place chicken on top of vegetables.
Add unpeeled garlic and potato chunks around chicken.
Chop the remaining herb sprigs. Liberally sprinkle chopped herbs, salt and pepper over chicken. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID (trust me...once the chicken and veggies cook they produce plenty of juice on their own...trust me, no extra liquid is necessary).
Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours
Using two large spoons or other kitchen utensils, carefully remove chicken from crockpot and place on ceramic or glass pie or baking dish. Arange potatoes, carrots and garlic around chicken.