- Cooking Time: 90 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2.2 lbs pork meat with bone (use pork loin or ribs)
- 1 teaspoon salt (sprinkled over cut pork prior to cooking)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cup strained tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1lbs Rigatoni pasta
- 4 oz Parmesan grated to taste
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic. In a large pan over medium heat add olive oil when hot add onions and garlic cook until soft and golden. Cut the meat in medium-sized chunks, and let sear in the pan with the spices. Peel and cut medium-sized pieces of carrots. Add them to the pan along with the red wine, strained tomatoes and sugar. Simmer with the lid at medium heat for half an hour. Add water and turn down the heat. Let the sauce slow-cook for 60 minutes on low heat. Add more water if needed. Cook the rigatoni pasta according to instructions on the package. Mix the sauce and pasta together and serve immediately with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
NotesThis pasta with it's slow cooked pork is one of Carlo's standard recipes in his kitchen. It's rustic comfort food and it's absolutely wonderful with the rich saltiness, smooth pork with a little spicy peek. Perfect for these cold winter days.The sauce is easy peasy to make, but needs time on the fire, and if you happened to end up with left overs it taste even better the day after.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More