- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- Servings: 4 fillets
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. dressed trout, heads removed and cut in half (2 trout, approximately)
- canola oil
- Reynolds Parchment paper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- flour, for dredging
- approximately 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (let it heat up completely before you start frying).
- Make an egg wash by lightly whisking the milk and egg in a shallow dish (I use a pie plate).
- Rinse the fillets under cool water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Lay out a large sheet of Reynolds parchment paper on a flat surface, and make generous piles, side by side, of the flour and panko bread crumbs. Leave some room on the side to set the fish fillets after you "dress them up".
- Dredge fish fillets in flour, then coat completely in egg wash. Next, dip the fillets in panko bread crumbs to coat completely on both sides.
- Discard any unused flour and bread crumbs by simply picking up the Reynolds Parchment Paper by the ends and transferring to the trash; no mess!
- Heat about 1/8 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place fillets, skin-side up in hot oil. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, then turn over. Fry for about another 1 minute (or until coating is turning golden brown), then remove fillets from skillet and place in a shallow baking dish. Immediately put them into the oven and bake for about 4 more minutes.
- Serve immediately, with a squeeze of lemon.
NotesKarl and I ran into some delicious looking rainbow trout fillets at the fish market. Don't mess with them too much, and they'll treat you right.
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More