- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom used to make this as a dessert topping, but it is also perfect as a delicious, knock-out dessert. Your guests will always say, "This is delicious...what is it?" Just smile knowingly. (Hint: there's not a cow in sight!)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (or walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp dates
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- almond extract (just a few drops)
- Soak nuts in water, just enough to cover them; chill for two hours.
- Drain nuts.
- In a blender, combine the nuts, dates, orange juice, and almond extract.
- Blend; use a rubber spatula to scrape down sides. Check for sweetness. Add tiny amounts of very cold water if stiff. Blend until fluffy. Use immediately.