- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (or walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp dates
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- almond extract (just a few drops)
- Soak nuts in water, just enough to cover them; chill for two hours.
- Drain nuts.
- In a blender, combine the nuts, dates, orange juice, and almond extract.
- Blend; use a rubber spatula to scrape down sides. Check for sweetness. Add tiny amounts of very cold water if stiff. Blend until fluffy. Use immediately.
NotesMy mom used to make this as a dessert topping, but it is also perfect as a delicious, knock-out dessert. Your guests will always say, "This is delicious...what is it?" Just smile knowingly. (Hint: there's not a cow in sight!)
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More