- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 quarts ( 10 cups ) popped popcorn (Air pop is the best)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Microwave the above on high in a 4 cup glass measuring cup for 4 minutes.
- Put the popped popcorn in a large brown paper bag.( 10 cups)
- Microwave the butter, white corn syrup, brown sugar and salt on HIGH in a 4-cup glass measuring cup for 4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda to the cooked syrup (might boil a little, but do not worry). Stir until creamy.
- Pour creamy sugar syrup on popcorn in the brown paper bag and shake.
- Put bag and all in microwave and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, shaking every 30 seconds. Pour out onto a baking sheet and cool.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by Jean Moore a family friend for years. this recipe brings back great childhood memories of hanging out at her house with her kids and eating this popcorn and watching movies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More