Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 lbs.carne picada
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 3 jalapenos, chopped, seeded
• 2 tbsp minced garlic
• 5-6 mini peppers, chopped, seeded (yellow, orange, red)
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
• 4 tbsp olive
• 2 tsp beef bouillon cubes or granules
• 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp rosemary
• salt, pepper, Adobe seasoning to taste
1. Fill large plastic zip bag with worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, and seasonings. Add in the carne picada and mix well. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to hot skillet, and cook chopped onions until almost translucent. Toss in diced jalapenos, peppers and garlic and cook for several minutes until soft.
4. Turn down to low and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Add more seasoning to taste if necessary.
5. Serve over white or brown rice along with a few slices of ripe avocado, refried beans (I use the fat-free kind), and a rolled up warmed tortilla. Can also be served with taco shells instead.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Beef