- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs flank steak or skirt steaks
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- large handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour into a large zip lock baggy. Add the steaks and make sure the marinade is mixed all around them. Refrigerate 1 - 4 hours (or over night). When ready to grill, remove from marinade (discarding the marinade) season the steaks with a bit of salt and pepper. Since I don't do the grilling in this household, I can't tell you what to do...other than grill and enjoy!!
NotesMy local hispanic market didnt have any beef carne asada the other day. So I bought some pre-chopped beef for stir fry and sound this recipe for the marinade. It smells soooo wonderful!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
MetroCooking DC 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More