- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 lbs. Beef Stew Meat
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Ground Cumin (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Flour for thickening
- Shredded Cheese of your choice
- Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, guacamole or whatever you like on your tacos or burritos.
- Brown stew meat in a skillet in a tablespoon of oil, also add the garlic salt, onion powder and salt and pepper to your liking.
- After browning add 2-3 cups of water (to cover) and simmer until tender about 2-3 hours.
- When simmering is complete, add approx. 2 tablespoons of ground cumin. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with flour until you get a gravy consistency.
- Spread beef mixture in a tortilla and fill with condiments of your choice. This is a juicy, messy taco, but oh so good!
NotesThis is a recipe that I got from a lady who worked in my favorite mexican restaurant back home. There's really no right or wrong way to make it with the ingredients...so feel free to season to your taste. The main ingredient for seasoning is the ground cumin. These make wonderful, filling tacos or burritos. Hope you enjoy!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More