- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother amazing recipe from Lisa Fain's cookbook, The Homesick Texan. Super easy, incredible flavor and extremely tender.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2" chunks
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves of garlic (wait...what? only 4 for all that meat? I used the whole damn head of garlic)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- In a large heavy pot, combine all of the ingredients
- Add enough water to just cover the meat. Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered for 2 hours.
- Don't touch, don't stir. Just let it be.
- Once the 2 hours have passed, turn the heat up to medium-high and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated and the fat has rendered (which means that all of the fat has left the meat and is not sitting in the pot, which by the way, will not evaporate).
- You will know that the pork is done when it has browned on both sides.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa and avocados.
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Sailstad Family Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More