- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8-10 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 C. milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Lb. cubed (1/2 in. size) Velveeta cheese
- 8 oz. shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt on low the Velveeta cheese and 3/4 c milk until melted.
- Pour melted cheese sauce over macaroni and stir.
- Add in butter, 3/4 c. milk, eggs, 1 c. shredded cheeses & pepper.
- Mix well and transfer to a 2 qt. baking dish.
- Pour the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Cover with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
NotesHere in the South, mac & cheese isn't considered "pasta," it's a vegetable! The best comfort food there is.
Submitted by: "Rhonda Smith"
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More