- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8-10 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 C. milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Lb. cubed (1/2 in. size) Velveeta cheese
- 8 oz. shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt on low the Velveeta cheese and 3/4 c milk until melted.
- Pour melted cheese sauce over macaroni and stir.
- Add in butter, 3/4 c. milk, eggs, 1 c. shredded cheeses & pepper.
- Mix well and transfer to a 2 qt. baking dish.
- Pour the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Cover with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
NotesHere in the South, mac & cheese isn't considered "pasta," it's a vegetable! The best comfort food there is.
Submitted by: "Rhonda Smith"
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More