- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large duck breasts
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- Half a tsp Hot English Mustard
- 90 mls Orange Juice
- 90 mls Balsamic vinegar
- 30 mls Grand Marnier
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 inches of ginger finely chopped
- 4 shallottes finely sliced
- Fry ginger and garlic shallottes and pepper in a sml amt of Olive Oil, and add the duck to sear and transfer to baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on the stove top for approx 5 mins to allow flavours to infuse and reduce .
- Reserve a quarter of the glaze.
- Bake duck on a rack in the oven , 190C, for approx 25 mins...medium rare…basting every 8-10 mins and finish under salamander/grill to crisp skin.
- Spoon remaining warm glaze over the duck and serve over brown rice.
- Vegetables… gently steamed dutch carrots,and snowpeas and baked parsnip fingers
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More