- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large duck breasts
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- Half a tsp Hot English Mustard
- 90 mls Orange Juice
- 90 mls Balsamic vinegar
- 30 mls Grand Marnier
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 inches of ginger finely chopped
- 4 shallottes finely sliced
- Fry ginger and garlic shallottes and pepper in a sml amt of Olive Oil, and add the duck to sear and transfer to baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on the stove top for approx 5 mins to allow flavours to infuse and reduce .
- Reserve a quarter of the glaze.
- Bake duck on a rack in the oven , 190C, for approx 25 mins...medium rare…basting every 8-10 mins and finish under salamander/grill to crisp skin.
- Spoon remaining warm glaze over the duck and serve over brown rice.
- Vegetables… gently steamed dutch carrots,and snowpeas and baked parsnip fingers
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
The One Dollar Cookbook
Delightful DessertsSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More