- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup short-grain white rice (recommended Carolina gold rice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Fruit Sauce, recipe follows
- Fruit Sauce:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup stewed fruit, optional
- Put the rice in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Add the salt & 3 cups of boiling water. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the condensed milk, butter, & raisins. Cook, stirring frequently, over simmering water until the pudding thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat & stir in the vanilla and nutmeg. Spoon the pudding into individual custard cups & refrigerate until ready to serve. Invert puddings onto chilled plates & serve with fruit sauce.
- For the fruit sauce:
- Remove the pot from the heat &and stir in the lemon juice, butter, & rum extract. Serve warm over rice pudding garnished with stewed fruit, if desired
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More