- Cooking Time: 7
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute (honey for Paleo)
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- For the BBQ sauce:
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (honey for Paleo)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low sugar ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start the sauce first so the flavors have time to develop while you are making the meatballs.
- For the sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Simmer on low heat for about 8 minutes.
- For the meatballs
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into 16 meatballs. In a large, nonstick saute pan, fry the meatballs over medium heat until golden on all sides and cooked through. About 3 – 4 minutes per side. Toss the meatballs gently in the sauce, then spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and broil (carefully!!) for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve with low carb cole slaw for the authentic BBQ experience!
NotesApproximate nutrition info per meatball: 92 calories, 7g fat, 1g net carbs, 6g protein
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More