- Cooking Time: 30-45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 - 15oz. can Chili Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Black Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Pork & Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can BBQ Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Pinto Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Baked Beans
- 2 - 15oz. cans of Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2lbs. Ground Beef
- 1lb. Bacon
- 1 Large 6 Quart Crockpot or Stockpot
- Brown the ground beef, drain and crumble.
- Cook the bacon till preferred, slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Slice the onion into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and saute.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder.
- Add in the bacon, onions and ground beef and mix well.
- Cook on med/med high until heated or on low in the crockpot until heated throughout. Serve with your favorite cornbread.
NotesThis recipe came from a fellow technician that I worked with back in the early 1980's. We would fix up big batches to feast on for work get togethers, Super Bowl parties, etc. Now it's one that I break out on special occasions, it holds great memories.
Submitted by: "Kurt Kuntz"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking with Sabra
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More