- Cooking Time: 30-45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 - 15oz. can Chili Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Black Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Pork & Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can BBQ Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Pinto Beans
- 1 - 15oz. can Baked Beans
- 2 - 15oz. cans of Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2lbs. Ground Beef
- 1lb. Bacon
- 1 Large 6 Quart Crockpot or Stockpot
- Brown the ground beef, drain and crumble.
- Cook the bacon till preferred, slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Slice the onion into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and saute.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder.
- Add in the bacon, onions and ground beef and mix well.
- Cook on med/med high until heated or on low in the crockpot until heated throughout. Serve with your favorite cornbread.
NotesThis recipe came from a fellow technician that I worked with back in the early 1980's. We would fix up big batches to feast on for work get togethers, Super Bowl parties, etc. Now it's one that I break out on special occasions, it holds great memories.
Submitted by: "Kurt Kuntz"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More