- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C white flour
- 1 C (2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (it's worth it to spend a little extra $$$ for better chocolate)
- *walnuts optional (I really like nuts in my cookies but many people do not.)
- Mix together all ingredients except flour and chocolate chips (and walnuts). I like to add everything in this order: margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour (I do it 1/2 C at a time) and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips (and walnuts).
- Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees on middle rack until tops of cookies are a light golden brown.
- *A yummy variation of this recipe is to make the dough as usual but replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips and add coconut flakes instead of walnuts.*
NotesThis is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have been trying to perfect over years.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More