- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C white flour
- 1 C (2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (it's worth it to spend a little extra $$$ for better chocolate)
- *walnuts optional (I really like nuts in my cookies but many people do not.)
- Mix together all ingredients except flour and chocolate chips (and walnuts). I like to add everything in this order: margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour (I do it 1/2 C at a time) and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips (and walnuts).
- Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees on middle rack until tops of cookies are a light golden brown.
- *A yummy variation of this recipe is to make the dough as usual but replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips and add coconut flakes instead of walnuts.*
NotesThis is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have been trying to perfect over years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Simple Homemade Favorites
50 Shades of TasteSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More