- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water (use reserved carrot water if possible)
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 mashed cooked carrots (I use Alaskan organic Matsu carrots when possible but canned carrots work in a pinch if you do not have fresh)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Sprinkle yeast into 1/2 cup of the water, let proof for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the dissolved yeast. Add the carrots and butter. Mix in the flour. Add enough remaining water to form a moist, crumbly dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth but not sticky, about 10 minutes. Or 5 minutes, rest for 10, and 3-5 minutes more if you have a KA.
- Place in clean bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled in size. Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into round loaf, individual rolls, or use a loaf pan. This bread is fairly versitile.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake 45 minutes (less if rolls) until golden brown and hollow sounding on bottom.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More