- Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 medium leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. margarine
- 6 medium carrots, sliced crosswise
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cans (14 1/2oz.ea.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan saute leek in margarine until tender. Add carrots, potatoes & broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat-cover & simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & put in a blender or food processor. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover, blend until smooth. Return all to pan.
- All of this can be done well ahead of time & stored in fridge. When ready stir in milk & pepper, heat through & serve.
NotesDon't remember where this came from I have had it so long. Even if you don't like either main ingredient (like me) you WILL love this soup.