- Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 medium leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. margarine
- 6 medium carrots, sliced crosswise
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cans (14 1/2oz.ea.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan saute leek in margarine until tender. Add carrots, potatoes & broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat-cover & simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & put in a blender or food processor. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover, blend until smooth. Return all to pan.
- All of this can be done well ahead of time & stored in fridge. When ready stir in milk & pepper, heat through & serve.
NotesDon't remember where this came from I have had it so long. Even if you don't like either main ingredient (like me) you WILL love this soup.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More