- Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 medium leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. margarine
- 6 medium carrots, sliced crosswise
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cans (14 1/2oz.ea.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan saute leek in margarine until tender. Add carrots, potatoes & broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat-cover & simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & put in a blender or food processor. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover, blend until smooth. Return all to pan.
- All of this can be done well ahead of time & stored in fridge. When ready stir in milk & pepper, heat through & serve.
NotesDon't remember where this came from I have had it so long. Even if you don't like either main ingredient (like me) you WILL love this soup.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More