- Cooking Time: 30 mins.
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 medium leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. margarine
- 6 medium carrots, sliced crosswise
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cans (14 1/2oz.ea.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (whole, 2%, 1% or skim)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan saute leek in margarine until tender. Add carrots, potatoes & broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat-cover & simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & put in a blender or food processor. Add enough of the cooking liquid to cover, blend until smooth. Return all to pan.
- All of this can be done well ahead of time & stored in fridge. When ready stir in milk & pepper, heat through & serve.
NotesDon't remember where this came from I have had it so long. Even if you don't like either main ingredient (like me) you WILL love this soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More