- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound of carrots, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- At least 1 pt of stock
- 2 tbsps ground coriander (cilantro)
- A handful of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped roughly
- In a very large saucepan or stockpot, sweat your onion until soft, then add the carrots and the ground coriander. Keep over a fairly low heat and sweat for a good long while. I left them for about 30 minutes whilst I did something else - returning every now and then to stir them.
- When they're starting to soften slightly, add your stock - I used at least a pint of good quality vegetable stock, but I can't be exact with quantities - and leave to simmer until the carrots are soft and done.
- When that happens, put the whole lot in a blender and blend the living daylights out of it. (I say 'whole lot'... I had to do it in batches because my blender is quite small...)
- Stir in your fresh coriander and serve in big bowls with buttered bread.
- You could add some creme freche or cream in a pretty swirl, if you were feeling fancy!
NotesThis was a recipe I threw together as a bit of an experiment and it worked well, thankfully. Carrot and Coriander soup is very popular here in the UK (not sure if its as popular in the US - I hope so because it's delicious!)
This made 2 really generous main meal servings, so would serve more as a starter or snack
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More