- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water (use reserved carrot water if possible)
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 mashed cooked carrots (I use Alaskan organic Matsu carrots when possible but canned carrots work in a pinch if you do not have fresh)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Sprinkle yeast into 1/2 cup of the water, let proof for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the dissolved yeast. Add the carrots and butter. Mix in the flour. Add enough remaining water to form a moist, crumbly dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth but not sticky, about 10 minutes. Or 5 minutes, rest for 10, and 3-5 minutes more if you have a KA.
- Place in clean bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled in size. Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into round loaf, individual rolls, or use a loaf pan. This bread is fairly versitile.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake 45 minutes (less if rolls) until golden brown and hollow sounding on bottom.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More