- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/4 tsps baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup veg. oil
- 1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 2 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- Frosting (can be made when cake is cooling):
- 1/2 cup block style fat free cream cheese (let sit out for 20 mins to soften)
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Cake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- Lightly spoon 2 1/4 cups flour into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour with next 5 ingredients stirring well with a whisk. Beat granulated sugar and next 7 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in Carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Sharply tap pans once on the counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes on racks. Then removes cakes from pans and continue cooling on racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate; frost. Add second layer and frost completely.
- Beat first four ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar to butter mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
NotesThis Carrot Cake can be made in 1 hour and 20 minutes (40 mins of prep , 25 mins to bake, 10 mins to cool and 5 mins to frost). It's very moist and lower-fat than most recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More