CARROT CAKE COOKIES
Carrot Cake Cookies
- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated, peeled carrots
- 1/3 cup dried currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment
paper. Make filling: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter
until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat until combined. Cover; chill
until firm, at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars,
and egg yolk. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, and salt.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until combined. Mix in oats,
carrots, and currants.
3. Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking
sheets. Flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake until edges are crisp,
rotating baking sheets halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer
cookies to a wire rack to cool.
4. Turn half the cookies over, bottom side up; dollop each with about 1
teaspoon chilled cream-cheese filling. Top with remaining cookies,
pressing gently to spread filling to edges. Serve immediately.
Website Credit: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/carrot-cake-cookies?xsc=eml_cod_2008_07_24