- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated, peeled carrots
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment
- paper. Make filling: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter
- until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat until combined. Cover; chill
- until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars,
- and egg yolk. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until combined. Mix in oats,
- carrots, and currants.
- 3. Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking
- sheets. Flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake until edges are crisp,
- rotating baking sheets halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer
- cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. Turn half the cookies over, bottom side up; dollop each with about 1
- teaspoon chilled cream-cheese filling. Top with remaining cookies,
- pressing gently to spread filling to edges. Serve immediately.
NotesThis cookie recipe is from Martha Stewart. I get her monthly cookies newsletter and this was one of the recipes from the newsletter. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds so delicous that I just had to post it on to my bakespace.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More