- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated, peeled carrots
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment
- paper. Make filling: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter
- until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat until combined. Cover; chill
- until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars,
- and egg yolk. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until combined. Mix in oats,
- carrots, and currants.
- 3. Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking
- sheets. Flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake until edges are crisp,
- rotating baking sheets halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer
- cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. Turn half the cookies over, bottom side up; dollop each with about 1
- teaspoon chilled cream-cheese filling. Top with remaining cookies,
- pressing gently to spread filling to edges. Serve immediately.
NotesThis cookie recipe is from Martha Stewart. I get her monthly cookies newsletter and this was one of the recipes from the newsletter. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds so delicous that I just had to post it on to my bakespace.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More