Carrot Cake For a Crowd
Why I Love This Recipe
Carrot cake is my husband´s favorite. This recipe makes a sheet-style cake big enough for a crowd, or you can bake 24 cupcakes. I prefer to leave out the raisins and reserve nuts to garnish the frosted cake, but you can certainly add them to the batter if you´d like. Finely grate the carrots for a tender crumb; use a larger grate for more texture. Squeeze out any excess moisture before folding carrots into the batter. Enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour milk, (1 Tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white or raw sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups grated carrot
1 cup crushed pineapple, squeezed dry
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan or line a cupcake tin with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour milk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar. Beat well.
3. In another medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Combine.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Fold in pineapple and grated carrot.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Begin checking cake for doneness at 50 minutes. When a toothpick tests clean, cake can be removed from oven.
6. Cool completely before frosting.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cake