CARROT CAKE FREEZER JAM
- Servings: 5 8oz
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package ball simple creations freezer jam pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped apples (about 1 large)
Stir sugar, contents of pectin package, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl until well blended.
Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
Set pineapple aside.
Combine reserved pineapple juice, carrots and apple in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
Cover and reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Crush fruit mixture with a potato masher.
Allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
Add fruit mixture to pectin mixture.
Stir 3 minutes.
Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line.
Twist on lids.
Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Yield: 5 (8 oz) half pints.