- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 8oz
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package ball simple creations freezer jam pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped apples (about 1 large)
- Stir sugar, contents of pectin package, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, carrots and apple in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple.
- Crush fruit mixture with a potato masher.
- Allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Add fruit mixture to pectin mixture.
- Stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line.
- Twist on lids.
- Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
- Yield: 5 (8 oz) half pints.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Adventures in CookingSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More