- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 c. grated carrots
- 1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. each cloves, nutmeg, allspice
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Additional pecans for garnish if desired
- Spray 3 8-in. cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside; pre-heat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices into a small bowl and slowly add to liquid ingredients, beat until just combined.
- Fold in carrots and pecans.
- Pour an equal amount into each of the three pans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream frosting ingredients and frost each cake individually or as a layer cake.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
A Falcon Feast
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More