- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together sugar, oil; add eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon then add to the creamed mixture.
- Add carrots, nuts and raisins. Mix well. Pour into greased 9"x13" pan, bake @ 350 degrees for 40 to 55 minutes or until done. Let cool completely then ice.
- EASY CREAM CHEESE ICING: Blend 4oz. cream cheese (softened); 1/4 butter(softened); 2 cups powered sugar; 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Makes enough to ice 1 9"x13" cake
NotesI was looking for a carrot cake recipe that had basic ingredients that had good taste and was easy to throw together. I have tried others but always come back to this one and it has never let me down.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More