- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple (8 ounce can with juice)
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of raisins that have been soaked in water until plump and then drained
- 1 and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth and fluffy.
- Add pineapple, walnuts, coconut, carrots, and raisins and blend well. Gradually add flour mixture a half at a time until blended through.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes.
- Test with toothpick for doneness.
- When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Blend cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and a little powdered sugar at a time until all has been blended well.
- Turn mixer on high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
NotesJust another dessert that is enjoyed by my family.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More