- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 10" tube pan cake
- Preparation Time: 35 (inc. 15 for cooling)
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice - drained
- 4 large (2 cups) carrots, grated
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 10" tube pan, then lightly flour.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in oil.
- Combine 3 cups of whole wheat flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Add drained pineapple and carrots; mix well.
- Toss pecans and dates with remaining ¼ cup of flour, stir into batter.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed with finger.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and completely cool before wrapping in foil or plastic.
- Keeps well in refrigerator.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More