- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. crushed pineapples, drained
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Heat over 350 degrees grease and flour 3 8" round pans, 2 10"round pans or quarter sheet pan(the pan should have 2" sides); set aside.
- Sift together 1st six ingredients; set aside.
- In another bowl mix sugar, oil and vanilla, stirring well. (This part can take place in your mixer)
- Alternate adding eggs one at a time and dry ingredients to sugar mixture, blending well add pineapple; mix well.
- Stir in carrots and chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake Layers until pick comes out clean about 40 minutes (gas oven).
- Cool on rack 10 minutes remove from pan and cool completely on racks.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
NotesMy Sire loves Carrot Cake and this is the formula that I use to make it, for his birthday this year we brought some of this cake to an after party and a few friends got a taste, it was a hit and now I wish to share it with them and anyone else.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More