- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. crushed pineapples, drained
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Heat over 350 degrees grease and flour 3 8" round pans, 2 10"round pans or quarter sheet pan(the pan should have 2" sides); set aside.
- Sift together 1st six ingredients; set aside.
- In another bowl mix sugar, oil and vanilla, stirring well. (This part can take place in your mixer)
- Alternate adding eggs one at a time and dry ingredients to sugar mixture, blending well add pineapple; mix well.
- Stir in carrots and chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake Layers until pick comes out clean about 40 minutes (gas oven).
- Cool on rack 10 minutes remove from pan and cool completely on racks.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
NotesMy Sire loves Carrot Cake and this is the formula that I use to make it, for his birthday this year we brought some of this cake to an after party and a few friends got a taste, it was a hit and now I wish to share it with them and anyone else.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More