- Cooking Time: 65 minutes
- Servings: 8-16
- Preparation Time: 20
- •16 ounces cream cheese (at room temp)
- •3/4 cup granulated sugar
- •1 tablespoon flour
- •3 eggs
- •1 teaspoon vanilla
- •CARROT CAKE
- •3/4 cup vegetable oil
- •1 cup granulated sugar
- •2 eggs
- •1 teaspoon vanilla
- •1 cup flour
- •1 teaspoon baking soda
- •1 teaspoon cinnamon
- •1 dash salt
- •1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
- •1 cup grated carrots
- •1/2 cup flaked coconut
- •1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- •**PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- •8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- •1 tablespoon butter,sweet, softened
- •1 cups powdered sugar
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- •1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 1.1. To make cheesecake,
- 2.2. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together 2 pkgs cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- 3.3. Beat in 1 tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- 4.4. Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, blending thoroughly.
- 5.5. Stir in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and dash salt, mixing well.
- 6.6. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- 7.7. Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9-or 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- 8.8. ***Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
- 9.9. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife.
- 10.10. Do not marble with a knife.
- 11.11. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- 12.12. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- 13.13. When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 14.14. In a bowl of electric mixer, combine 8 oz cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and dash of salt.
- 15.15. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- 16.16. Frost top of cheesecake.
- 17.17. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- 18.***After several times of making this. I pour the carrot cake layer, instead of marbling it. I just gently pour on the cheesecake mixture and bake it. I like the different layers. Any way this is an amazing recipe. Please give this a try if you love carrot cake and cheesecake!
- 19.**Frosting: What I use. Same as listed above. I end up putting in the entire stick of butter and well drained (1/4 cup) crushed pineapples. DO NOT OVER DO ON THE JUICE or the frosting will be thin. Drain pineapples well, I squeeze it. If you must add more confectioners sugar. I usually dont have too. I don't make my frosting very sweet. This carrot cheesecake is plenty sweet and this icing compliments is so well. I thought it would be to much, BUT OHHHHHHH is it out of this world!
NotesThis is the best of both worlds Carrot Cake and Cheesecake. It is SO DEEEEElicious! The frosting I have notes at the end. It is my changes it is different from the original it is light and fluffy. I hope you enjoy this as well. I guarantee you will flip over this and wonder where has it been all your life?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More