- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup dried bell pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried minced carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Place 1-1/2 cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags.
- Makes 4 rice mixes.
- Preparation instructions: Combine 1 rice mix, 2 cups water (use 1-3/4 cups water for medium or short grain rice, 2-1/2 cups water for brown rice), and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More