- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup dried bell pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried minced carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Place 1-1/2 cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags.
- Makes 4 rice mixes.
- Preparation instructions: Combine 1 rice mix, 2 cups water (use 1-3/4 cups water for medium or short grain rice, 2-1/2 cups water for brown rice), and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More