- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ** Stolen from Bake & Destroy!
- All you need is:
- * 1 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- * 3/4 cup cornmeal
- * 1/4 cup sugar
- * 3 tsp baking powder
- * 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- * 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- * 1/2 tsp salt
- * 3/4 c margarine or butter, softened
- * 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- * 1/3 cup milk
- * 1 egg
- Then you:
- Preheat your oven to 400 and grease two cookie sheets. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (not the carrots.) Using a fork, cut in the butter until it resembles course crumbs. Stir in carrots. Add egg and milk, stirring until just moistened. Over mixing will make tough biscuits. Drop by 1/4 cupful onto greased baking sheets and bake 12-14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warn.
- This makes about 12 biscuits. If you’re just going to eat these and not think about how bad they are for you stop reading now. If you’re curious, each biscuit contains 210 calories and 12 grams of fat. So, that’s about what I eat for lunch every day.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More